Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Yes I do...Have Pet Peeves too...


On the topic of seeing gorgeous Lolita photos, I also come across bad ones as well. What makes them bad photos usually because, the photographer does not know what to do with the model. Yet, the same things happen in these photos that I see! No matter how much brand you have on. No matter how much you are packing on to your body it does not make up for bad posture!

My pet peeves sprout mostly from my years of going to finishing school, and learning ettiquette and manners. I must admit that yes everyone wants to feel lady like and preech to me what it means to be lady like without thinking...perhaps I already know those things. It really does get to me and now is the time I think I brought it up.

Usually I like to keep kind words and speak only in niceities but there are times where I find myself thinking quite the opposite. Don't you? This blog is more a guide line so please do not be offended or hurt by what I am going to say in this one. I think it is time that we start waking up and start noticing playing and pretending to be ladies only while being dressed in Lolita is not something you should be doing! It should be carried at all times in what ever clothing you wear and no matter what kind of dress you wear as well!



Pet Peeve number one: A lady never folds her legs while she sits. This is something that was beaten into me. A lady never crosses on leg over the other especially while sitting in a dress! It is tacky and untastefulPhotobucket and looks plain sloppy. I will tell you why, when you cross your leg like that you leave a good gap showing your business to the world and a lady even not in Lolita should never do that!

Solution: Start practicing now by crossing your ankles!Photobucket One infront of the other and you will notice the burn in your thighs from this! It is also exercising your thigh muscles in an isometric hold! You will also feel it in your back if you are sitting properly which brings me to the next pet peeve!

Pet Peeve number two: Stand up straight! I shows confidence, poise, and self awareness. It also ensures that your dresses do not get wrinkled! A wrinkled dress equals a hot looking mess! This is right up there with the leg crossing because, most Ameri-loli photos I see, I see gorgeous and flattering girls but they are hunched over...Photobucket...Why do you ladies slouch so much?

Solution: Rocking Horse Shoes, or heels of any size help remind you to stand straight. It also elongates your body and makes your legs look nicer too!PhotobucketYes they will hurt but who said that being "kawaii" or just plain beautiful did not come at a price! If you cannot wear heels the whole time sitting helps in intervals.

Pet Peeve Number Three: Claiming that Mana-sama is the creator of Lolita. (This one is more a complaint!) I love Mana-sama as much as the next Lolita but, he did not start the Lifestyle and Fashions himself. He just made them more aware to the public as he used them for Vkei costumes. He brought Lolita out of the 1907's and 1980's styles and made it more 1990's friendly. He also made the Gothic AND Lolita Bibles to show the world that hey we have stuff for you out there, here is how to get to our shops!



Solution: Brush up on your Lolita History. There are plenty of girls out there who know the story! Even a few Live Journal Ladies know the History as well and have it posted on their personal sites!




Please do not get mad at me for voicing what I see wrong. I only posted my top three because the others are not really realated to Lolita at all. They are just regular pet peeves. I just want to say to remember these and you will start to notice your confidence levels sky rocket! Thank you for sipping tea with me and sitting through this uncomfortable issue! With Love the Panda Princess <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.