Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sisterly Bonds Tied with a Bow


For me Lolita is a lifestyle and always has been. I noticed that with this choice I made many friends. Most of whom I call my Lolita Sisters. I call them that term not only beacause I think the word friend seems rather unpersonal but, for the fact that I take them in like little sisters. One's that do look up to me and want my opinion on how to dress, act, and sometimes how to hold themselves with pride.

I think this is a heart warming subject and more girls should think of their mentors more as sisters than mentors...Yes, we can get a little harsh on you but, it does not make us love you any less. It does not make us want to help you any less either.

In every case of Lolitas I always see them in pairs and never really and the number tries not to go over threes.Photobucket I think it is for a reason, and the reason being that it is difficult to teach a whole flock of girls at one time even if they are willing to learn! Sometimes jealousy amongst the crowd breaks out and yes this has happened once before to me, you often get accused of loving only one of you sisters more than the other because that girl is more eager to learn and has pushed her way to the front of the class/line of attention...So the other girls then feel neglected or hurt that you did turn your cheek to their needs.

Lolita is not about turning your head from the truth and taking the high horse. The high horse can sometimes be the wrong thing to do! It can be the "lady like" thing to do but, it is wrong to do so. It is not being petty standing up to people and saying I will not have you hurting myself, or my sisters! Yet, it is sad that people want to be selfish and say I seen nothing...We cannot live on dirty little secrets anymore people have got to hear us say "No! I'm not going to take this from anyone, anymore! Neither are my sisters!"

We tie our sisterly bonds together by wearing Alice bows, Bonnets, Headdresses, and sometimes just hair flowers. What makes us all different is our personalities that should shine through our outfits and should not be copied from someone else's concepts of what or how you should look! If that is what it means to be a lolita then I think we have missed our point. We missed our point of being the princess we were always meant to be...If all the princesses in the world looked the same then life would get dull. I mean to say I love a pretty Angelic Pretty dress just like the next girl but don't you think maybe we should start trying to get back to what Lolita used to be? Sisterhood, friendship, and most of all caring!

I mean to say who know one day you could have older Lolita sister's like mine in Japan? Or perhaps Lolita sisters who look like this:PhotobucketJust waiting to have tea with you! Just waiting for one day to meet their foreign Lolita sister to hang out with!

Who knows maybe oneday you and I could be Loltia sisters? Maybe oneday I'll be sending you care packages from where I live and spoiling you! Perhaps that is what every girl needs now days, extra attention and care! Thank you for sipping tea with me! With Love the Panda Princess <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.