Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Story

So I am writing a Steampunk Inspired story and well I have no idea what to call it! PhotobucketI hope you all enjoy it, and really if you have any comments on this story please PM my facebook thanks!Photobucket

Photobucket

So with out further ado my nameless story:


Chapter 1: Miss Fairwinds Tell a Story…

In the past both man and animal could run wild together in cohabitation. Living in apartments, houses, and so on while animals lived in nature a long side the humans. As Technology progressed humans grew greedy, wanting more than what they were given. Soon the animals were captured and placed in glass menageries and the humans found cyber technology and more conveniences. As we humans grew greedier, and greedier we knew not of the trouble stirring beneath the Earth’s surface.

In those days the sun was bright and beautiful, the sky blue and clear with clouds….or at least that is what I have seen in my history books. In this day in age we have Teknalogy not Technology like how the ancients used to have. Our computers are run on Steam and Engineering. Yet, at least that is what we are told in our society. My dad didn’t think so; he said it is run on the magic stolen from a human’s spirit. That is why our criminals never seem to stay in prison for long. They get relocated to a penitentiary muttering “it is real! The Great Devil is real! Do not let them fool you!” Yet our teachers say they have gone mad being in prison for too long.

You must be asking yourself who am I and what is the Great Devil? Well I was getting there! My name is Willow Amelia Fairwinds. Fairwinds is my stepfather’s sir name I’d prefer to be called Willow Amelia Dragonet after my father the Great Sir Charles A. Dragonet III the famous Aethernaut of the fifth dynasty of the King Peregrine and the Queen Lilandia. My mother who was of noble birth fell for his devil may care charm. I am named after her Amelia Fairwinds. Yet, I only inherited her green eyes and the rest of me is all my dad the black hair that floats effortlessly into knots, my clumsiness of finding trouble, and this bad habit for attracting unwanted attention.

I want to be an Aethernaut like my father but they don’t allow females into the academy. They fight the constant battle between the dark lands and us… What do I mean? Well when we humans got greedy we unleashed the Great Devil. They say he has a name yet, those who know it, either go crazy from the power they have from knowing it, or they fear it soo much they don’t speak it at all! Frank my best friend reckons it’s the second of the two! I think it’s something bigger than that… So according to our history books the air forces of all Nations or countries that what Ancients lived in before…Took to the sky and geared up to fight for the first time together against this strange animals that were not in the glass menageries.

What they seen frightened most of the military men. The ones who survived the dog fight came back different, some old and weary like their life had been sucked out of them. Suddenly there were screams that could be heard around the world at the same time. Simultaneously as if it were genocide on the human race towns and villages were being taken out. Women carried off by winged clockwork creatures…Guns did not work on them, how primitive…guns…and other items and the military men that were still able to help who knew what they were up against threw as many people as they could in to Churches told them to pray to as many Gods and Goddesses as they knew…That day changed the world forever…The land started to quake and lift so where there was land mass there is water and now that land is in the sky… There was a cry so big you could hear it in space that day.

Families separated, huge amounts of bodies found strewn across the streets and turrets and there seemed to be no salvation. Then a man in a black pinstripe suit walked forward that day laughing and said “Give to me the homage I need, and you shall have you pathetic lands back!” It was December 12, 2020 when it happened. They say the man that said that was the Great Devil himself… They had a photo of him in our history books and later had taken it out as the photo would blur.

My father never stopped looking for the man who did this to our planet. He had a theory and it had him killed during a raid. As the dynasty was built there were no Nations or countries just hierarchies. Frank is of the lower class yes, but he was raised in my house with me as he is my Nanny’s son. His red hair and pink eyes are something to behold! He is what happens when you are raped by the creatures…The eyes are what deem you half breed yet I think it makes him special! He can see things I cannot see, like while accompanying me while shopping he seen the creature in the shadows before I did and killed it before it could grab me.

His mother was grabbed before and taken to a nest where they ravaged her…after that her mother disowned her and had burned the mark of “the touched” on her and threw her out of their home. She had no where to go and my Grandfather being the softie he is took her in and gave her shelter for both her self and her unborn baby. My Grandmother Willow loved her like a daughter and treated her like she treated her son my father. So society didn’t know that she was the young girl that was touched by the creatures until I was born and Frank…They say he had a tail and his eyes where rather large and alien for his head. Yet if you seen him now, he is a handsome young man, rather feminine at times, and has moments where he cries to himself because he hates his eyes.




Photobucket

If I get enough responses I will post the second chapter!Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.