
"Gothic" Lolita...I'm asking what makes it goth? If in truth there really wasn't a "Gothic" lolita to begin with...
In vol.1 of the original Gothic & Lolita Bibles sweet lolita looked different. It had colours we didnt associate as "sweet". Yet, I still associate them as sweet because of the style of how they are made. I.E. If you take a Hime style dress and do it in Black and white it doesnt make it gothic...it is still considered Hime style... Am I making sense?
Ok so here is where I explain: Asian goths would never really be caught in Lolita unless of course your job requires it. Like being a V-kei star (and ladies prime example is Mana and Kaya.) Yet if you look at the definitions of a "gothic" lolita it's a part of the definition for Ega and Egl and Punk Loli and Classic Loli....and it's like we're trying to make an excuse to create something that in my opinion yes opinion isnt really there...
If you look in the bibles...they separate the two worlds Gothic & Lolita...So my thought is explain it to me with out using any of the defintions from Ega, Egl, Punk, and Classic Lolita and I may believe Gothic Lolita is real... because I believe a blood red dress done in an A line design is Classic...and bat wings with devi horns is punk...
Thats all for my random rant of the day! I'm Sorry if I offended any of you but I'm not trying to hurt any one's feelings I just want your ideas on this subject...

(Girl with white hair: Does this dress mean I am "Gothic Lolita" Blonde Girl: " Naw I think it means we're old school Sweet Lolita!" White Haired girl: "But I'm wearing all black that makes me a "Gothic Loltia" Right? Blonde Friend: "Naw look at the style you are wearing...it's Sweet Lolita end of disscussion!")
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.