Wednesday, August 18, 2010

If I had a Penny...


If I had a penny for everytime I read from a girl about how they cannot be a Lolita I would be a very rich girl. When I read them the things I read are "I cannot be one because I cannot afford brand dresses..." Why do you need to own brand? I know their items are appealing gosh do I know that they are! I know that feeling I get from owning one too and I can tell you it's like eating chips or something decadent that you cannot get enough of! You are never satisfied with just one! I'm not joking, have you seen brand girls buy just one dress even after they say that one is their dream dress? I know I haven't...Sometimes yes I do feel ashamed of myself for thinking this way!

I have to admit I love the coordinates they place out there. I may not be a Sweet Lolita myself but I enjoy a well placed ensemble just like any girl who loves cute things! Yet I have to admit Lolita is not about just rolling into say Baby, the Stars Shine Bright and buying the coordinate that is made in the same print and colours! If I also had a penny for every time a girl said this I would be a millionare! Lolita is about being creative and showing the world you can make do with what you have even on a budget! I dont own coordinates that match and if I did I think I would be untrue to myself. Lolita is about mixing and matching and showing your pride in yourself.



If I had a penny for everytime a girl cried that something did not fit, I would be sadly rich. This is why I say there is more to Lolita than brand...If you cannot fit brand that should not stop you from being Lolita! It should encourage you to look for other options out there. There are soo many good handmade and custom sizing sites out there that I am shocked that people even want just brand anymore...I want something one of a kind and just for me and these sites seem to answer my needs! The beauty of these sites are they carry every size and are willing to make it in your size as well!

So as I sit here saying if I had a penny for everytime I hear that... Maybe it's those thoughts that keep me being Lolita. I have never let anyone stop me for my size, or just because they hate me. If they do that is seriously their problem and they need to grow up! What makes them more Lolita than I am? Nothing...in fact it just shows they arent being very Lolita like at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.