
So today's tea session is a hot button issue. The age old battle between Brand vs. Replica! Yes I read Live Journal too and I know where most girls stand on this but, you are not seeing it from the side of a Plus Sized Lolita who has a hard time losing weight due to genetics! So I will tell you my personal thoughts on this issue and I guess you can follow along with me on my journey!
The other day I had posted a link on a friend's Facebook, know she would be interested in finding an Angelic Pretty replica of the Wonder Cookie printed dresses! I for one can say I am thinking about buying one myself and I can say that I have been up this alley way before. It is not about affording the dress god or whatever looks over me know I can! It is the knowing that the measurements are not made for all sizes that gets to me...I mean sure! If I could be the size of Asuka then possibly I could turn my cheek like most girls are doing!
Yet I'm not! I'm glad I'm not either! I feel great being a full bodied Lolita who happily wears brand and non-brand outfits! I really don't mind having to buy replicas...For those who dont understand why I proudly would buy it I'm getting to that!
Perhaps just because to you this does not have an Angelic Pretty Label Tag on the inside of the dress it makes this dress less desireable to you? Well to those who cannot fit brand this dress looks like Love, a god send it says you to can have something that will fit you to your size not to a cookie cutter size! That is how I feel everytime I buy a custom sized dress! I am not a cookie cutter sized gal. I am sure a lot of girls who become Lolita are not and get scared and leave Lolita as abruptly as they find it because of this so called dreaded "Ita Syndrome"... Maybe it is the one who calls them ita first that should watch themself...She who points the smoking at the one she thinks is wrong is possibly hiding something themself? Ita is not educating our young Lolita and not doing it properly and kindly! Just because not all of us are Sweet Lolitas and not all of us can achieve this look:
I guess that makes being anything other than Sweet Lolita Ita too? That is what I am starting to understand from Live Journal Posts...Has Lolita become more about I have more brand than you? If so...then we are not Lolita enough...
It should be about how we are inside of our hearts like Novala once taught us. It is like the newer young ladies need to be taught about our dear Prince Novala. He taught me to be fearless when it comes to being Lolita. "A Princess in jeans is still a Princess..." He taught me that it doesnt matter what size you are, or the colour of your skin, gender of your body, and your race! Anyone and everyone can be Lolita. Like I say to all my precious cupcakes, jewels, and princesses! One day there will be more photos of girls eating sweets and one day we'll see cute girls and boys of different sizes doing things in beautiful brand dresses! Until that day I hope more people understand why plus sized Lolitas need Replica dresses! We arent cookie cutter sized...I know most of my readers will read this and say oh my and so on, or I may even get flamed! Yet that is the childish thing to do. Take it in to perspective and then maybe the scope of life I'm speaking about will come into focus.

Unitl next time my lovelies<3 Thank you for sipping tea with me! Love from the Panda Princess! <3
I have AP dresses that I should be able to wear but they send only one size from the online site which for America should be the larger sizes!
ReplyDeleteThe whole "ita" thing is SO strange to me! To me it is so against the concept of lolita to drive people down like that. That would never happen in Japan. Even at my worse, my Japanese lolita friends always encouraged me!
ReplyDeleteAs for the whole replica issue. Well you know i work at BABY, and I see replicas as steeling. The girls who design the clothes work long hours to do so. And to steal what they create is really.. not so good.
But on the flip side, I too am not a standard size lolita. I am very tall, so that makes me stand out (or perhaps an "ita" per-say?)
On the other hand, I to would love the sizes to be more accessible for larger people. The LL size at BABY was all based off my measurement, so I guess I helped contribute in a way. But yeah, I too want some pretty special print designs every now and then. That is why people turn to replicas, to fulfill a need which isn't being met by the stores.
so are replicas good or bad
tough to say...
Well Val They arent so much stealing the dress design so much as buying the flawed prints from say Angelic Pretty... So for me there are some cases where straight copies are steeling and artistic takes with the fabric at hand isn't so much as replicating...
ReplyDelete